The job involves work before, during, and cleanup after fair.
Send application to Box 364, Preston, MN 55965 or email@example.com must be received by May 28th.
Beer Barn Position Information
The “Beer Barn” at the Fillmore County Fair began operation under the direction and license of the Fillmore County Agricultural Society in 2014. At that time its location was moved to its present location in the “Old Dairy Barn.” It features a small stage built on top of the old milking stanchions. A large walk in cooler was purchased in 2016.
General Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Control the day-to-day operations of the beer bar within the policies and guidelines set forth by the Fillmore County Agricultural Society.
- Maintain a professional image, including beer barn cleanliness, dress, and appearance standards.
- Manage service contracts with outside vendors, including alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage distributor agreements.
- Control profits & loss by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial records, and taking appropriate actions to including maintaining appropriate stock of liquor, beer and other bar or restaurant products.
- Ensure the daily deposits have been deposited, safe counts conducted, and venue’s cash is secured at all times.
- Respond to customer service needs to provide the highest standards of service.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
General Manager Qualifications
- Good people management, communication and listening skills.
- Proven ability to lead a team and communicate efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Must be internally motivated and detail oriented and have a passion for teaching others.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule throughout the fair week.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
The General Manager position requires the ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Moving about the venue safely and efficiently.
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils.
- Bending, stooping and kneeling.