Fillmore County Fair
BBQ Cook Off
Saturday, July 24, 2021
MN TOY 2021 Qualifying Contest Backyard Series
FILLMORE COUNTY FAIR BBQ COOK OFF
Entry Fee $100
BBQ Contest is open to the first (15) paid teams
Registration closes on June 30, 2021
The guaranteed total purse is $2,000!
|Overall Grand Champion||$450|
|Reserve Grand Champion||$300|
|1st Place in Chicken & Rib Categories||$175|
|2nd Place in Chicken & Rib Categories||$150|
|3rd Place in Chicken & Rib Categories||$125|
|4th Place in Chicken & Rib Categories||$100|
|5th Place in Chicken & Rib Categories||$75|
|Sponsor’s Choice: Pork Loin||Prizes|
Please return the completed entry form and $100 entry fee to:
Fillmore County Ag Society
Attn: BBQ Cook Off
PO Box 364
Preston, MN 55965
Checks Payable to: Fillmore County Ag Society
Tentative Timeline for Saturday, July 24th
|Mandatory Cooks Meeting||8:00am|
|Sponsor’s Choice Turn In (Pork Loin)||3:30pm|
- Chicken & Ribs to be supplied by each contestant team. One Pork Loin for the Sponsor’s Choice Category will be provided to each team by sponsor.
- This is not a KCBS sanctioned contest, however we will be using their rules and format for structure. Please familiarize yourself with these rules at the end of the document prior to the contest.
- Average Cook Site will be 10’ x 20’. Electricity is NOT provided. The Fairgrounds generator policy is attached to the entry form.
- Camping will be available for Friday and Saturday nights within your allocated cooking site with limited electricity for an additional $15.00 per night. There are also two motels in the city of Preston: Country Trails Inn & Suites (www.countrytrailsinn.com) and Trailhead Inn (www.trailheadinnpreston.com) along with several bed & breakfast lodging options throughout the area.
- The Fillmore County Fair BBQ Cook Off is held in conjunction with the Fillmore County Fair that runs from July 19-25. Click here learn more about the schedule of events.
- An informational e-mail will be sent to each team’s contact person prior to the contest date. All contest inquiries can be made to: Brady Bergey at 507-273-2564 or FillmoreCountyFairBBQ@outlook.com