Fillmore County Fair
BBQ Cook Off
Saturday, July 23, 2022
MN TOY Qualifying Contest Backyard Series
KCBS Sanctioned Two Meat Backyard BBQ Contest
FILLMORE COUNTY FAIR BBQ COOK OFF
Entry Fee $100
Camping with electrical is available for $25/Night
Registration is Closed
Maximum number of teams signed up
The guaranteed total purse is $2,000!
|Overall Grand Champion||$450|
|Reserve Grand Champion||$300|
|1st Place in Chicken & Rib Categories||$175|
|2nd Place in Chicken & Rib Categories||$150|
|3rd Place in Chicken & Rib Categories||$125|
|4th Place in Chicken & Rib Categories||$100|
|5th Place in Chicken & Rib Categories||$75|
Please return the completed entry form and $100 entry fee to:
Fillmore County Ag Society
Attn: BBQ Cook Off
PO Box 364
Preston, MN 55965
Checks Payable to: Fillmore County Ag Society
Tentative Timeline for July 22 & 23
|Friday Night Team Set Up / Meat Inspection||4-8pm|
|Saturday Morning Set Up / Meat Inspection||6-8am|
|Mandatory Cooks Meeting||8:30am|
- Chicken & Ribs to be supplied by each contestant team.
- This is a KCBS sanctioned backyard contest. Please familiarize yourself with the rules attached to the entry form.
- Average Cook Site will be 10’ x 20’. Electricity is NOT provided. The Fairgrounds generator policy is attached to the entry form.
- Camping will be available for Friday and Saturday nights within your allocated cooking site with electricity for an additional $25.00 per night. There are also two motels in the city of Preston: Country Trails Inn & Suites (www.countrytrailsinn.com) and Trailhead Inn (www.trailheadinnpreston.com) along with several bed & breakfast lodging options throughout the area.
- The Fillmore County Fair BBQ Cook Off is held in conjunction with the Fillmore County Fair that runs from July 18-24. Click here learn more about the schedule of events.
- An informational e-mail will be sent to each team’s contact person prior to the contest date. All contest inquiries can be made to: Brady Bergey at 507-273-2564 or FillmoreCountyFairBBQ@outlook.com