Fillmore County Fair
BBQ Cook Off
Saturday, July 22, 2023
MN TOY 2023 Qualifying Contest Backyard Series | KCBS Sanctioned Two Meat Backyard BBQ Contest
FILLMORE COUNTY FAIR BBQ COOK OFF
Entry Fee $100
Camping with electrical is available for $25/Night
Space is limited to the first 15 teams.
The guaranteed total purse is $2,000!
|Overall Grand Champion||$450|
|Reserve Grand Champion||$300|
|1st Place in Chicken & Rib Categories||$175|
|2nd Place in Chicken & Rib Categories||$150|
|3rd Place in Chicken & Rib Categories||$125|
|4th Place in Chicken & Rib Categories||$100|
|5th Place in Chicken & Rib Categories||$75|
The Fillmore County Fair BBQ Cook Off contest is full at the 15 team limit.
Please contact FillmoreCountyFairBBQ@outlook.com to be placed on the waiting list. Thank you!
Camping is available for $25 per night.
Fillmore County Ag Society
Attn: BBQ Cook Off
PO Box 364
Preston, MN 55965
Checks Payable to: Fillmore County Ag Society
Tentative Timeline for July 21 & 22
|Friday Night Team Set Up / Meat Inspection||4-8pm|
|Saturday Morning Set Up / Meat Inspection||6-8am|
|Mandatory Cooks Meeting||8:30am|
- Chicken & Ribs to be supplied by each contestant team.
- This is a KCBS sanctioned backyard contest.
- Average Cook Site will be 10’ x 20’. Electricity is NOT provided. The Fairgrounds generator policy is attached to the entry form.
- Camping will be available for Friday and Saturday nights within your allocated cooking site with electricity for an additional $25.00 per night. There are also two motels in the city of Preston: Country Trails Inn & Suites (www.countrytrailsinn.com) and Trailhead Inn (www.trailheadinnpreston.com) along with several bed & breakfast lodging options throughout the area.
- The Fillmore County Fair BBQ Cook Off is held in conjunction with the Fillmore County Fair that runs from July 17-23. Click here learn more about the schedule of events.
- An informational e-mail will be sent to each team’s contact person prior to the contest date. All contest inquiries can be made to: Brady Bergey at 507-273-2564 or FillmoreCountyFairBBQ@outlook.com